The office of Nutrition and Physical Activity Services is involved in:
The Eating Disorders Support Team
A multidisciplinary team of health care professionals working together to help improve the health of students facing disordered eating at UConn.
Other activities that the office of Nutrition and Physical Activity Services is involved with:
- Annual Student Health and Wellness Fair
- Love Your Body Day
- National Nutrition Month
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week
- Nutrition talks in the residential halls.
- Smart Check: Our office collaborates with the Department of Dining Services to encourage healthy eating in the UConn dining halls. Look for the Smart Check icon on menu items to see which entrées follow Smart Check guidelines.
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight by Linda Bacon
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Scritchfield
Nutrition and Physical Activity Links
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The National Institutes of Health
- American College of Sports Medicine
- The Mayo Clinic
- Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Training information to improve athletic performance.
Christy Harrison; is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. She specializes in helping others make peace with food as well as mending their relationships with their bodies. Christy Harrison has a Podcast available on her website and on Android and Apple phone services.
Robyn Nohling; is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Nurse Practitioner. Robyn advocates for individuals to find their natural body size.
Caitlin Winsor; is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Registered Yoga Teacher. She is passionate about helping others find food and body freedom to reach their full potential.
Paige Smathers; Paige supports each client in order to find their own positive solutions that promote more of a body neutral view in order to help others heal their relationship with their body and food.
Dietitians Unplugged; two Registered Dietitians Aaron Flores, RD and Glenys Oyston, RD explore topics related to health, body image, Health at Every Size, and body positivity to build confidence without body shaming.